6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[S][C/Kyle] Weight of Succession
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 1:29:32 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Despite the extensive search for 's body, nothing had yet turned up. It had been long enough that survival in such an environment, even for an Avatar of a fire Pokémon, had become a concern. If Kyle was still down there somewhere, surely even he couldn't survive much longer.

The more likely scenario, and the one the League fed the media, was that Kyle had died in Mount Chimney. Even if he was truly dead, an autopsy would answer a lot of questions. His searches with and had not yielded the results he would have liked. He had to be out there somewhere, though, and it would do Hoenn a great service were he able to retrieve the late Top Champion's body.

Dressed in a full-body heat suit that was solid white, with a breathing mask on the inside to keep the sulfurous vapors out of his mouth, he and his most powerful fire Pokémon would be searching around an area that had not seen the light of day since the last time Mount Chimney had erupted. The inside of an obsidian dome that once covered an archipelago untouched by humans.

Death Crater.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Entei         Gouging Fire   Good
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 17:28:57 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Much like , Elinor had procured herself a full-body heat suit for the occasion. Yet through all of this she could still feel the heat attempting to beat its way through, and it made her wonder if this was how felt whenever the sun shone just a little bit.

By her side a Hisuian Typhlosion walked around, sniffing the air in search of something, anything. But unfortunately it was not a trained tracker.

While Elinor walked around looking for clues as best she could, a question began to form in her mind alongside a worry. A worry which she decided to investigate.

“How are you holding up, Josh?” She worried what had happened to weighted heavier on Josh’s shoulders than he would let show. The tone in her voice made no attempts on hiding that.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 3:21:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
After meeting so many Gouging Fire in the hands of other trainers, perhaps the paradoxes resembling the gods of Johto weren't as special as he thought. Besides, Elinor was once a Councilwoman. She was Josh's friend. She could be trusted.

Though Elinor's voice on comms was a bit hard to understand due to static, he got enough of the message to understand it. "It's... been rough. He was like a father to me. And with him gone, Raikou's gone, too." A white lie, that was; Raikou was his now. Elinor would find out in due time.

Clicking open a Cherish Ball, from it emerged a saddled Gouging Fire, the dragon-type quadruped at last allowing himself to be ridden outside Area Zero. He still dared not to affix reins to the creature, feeling they would upset the Pokémon he believed to be a regional variant of the Johtonian fire deity. "Entei, you ready?" he asked the Gouging Fire, who was quick to crouch so he could climb into the feline dinosaur's large seat. "Elinor, this is Entei." While he looked like the Johto Beast, a Johto Beast he was not...

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 14:15:57 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
The Static made it hard to hear, but with perked ears and proper attention even Elinor could hear the sincerity in Josh’s words.

“If there is anything I can do, anything you need, you better let me know.” Elinor spoke her words offered with sincerity alongside a degree of seriousness. She would not have Josh go through this grief alone.

But concerns were pushed aside for the mission at hand. Josh summoned a Gouging Fire and introduced it.

She had heard talk of these new paradox pokemon popping up in the ownership of trainers all around Hoenn. And so she was not surprised that Josh had one. She was, however surprised by its name.

“Entei?” Elinor repeated. “That is a rather -” She halted wondering how she should word it. “- fitting name.” it certainly looked the part.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 5:17:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Seated on the fire-type, Josh felt like he was in Kyle's shoes, fond memories of the duo blasting across the land with Entei and the Sacred Ash Raikou. To many others, the speed would have been terrifying. To Josh, it was liberating. Inspiring. A source of inner strength. "If I need anything, I will come to you. If it weren't for him, I never would have been a Gym Leader in the first place. It was his Minor League program that got me in the door."

Elinor seemed confused at his choice of name. "Except it's not a name. Of course, Science won't confirm it directly, but my theory is that this Pokémon is an undiscovered form of Entei. You know how some Pokémon look radically different in other parts of the world? Like Ninetales? I think it's like those. And I'm in possession of a Raikou and a Suicune, too. They just can't handle the heat that Entei can."

With Elinor being on foot, Josh couldn't push his false Beast to a terribly high speed. "Is your Hisuian Typhlosion trained to run on all fours? We might need it when we get closer to the caldera's bottom. All that collapsed rock is floating on magma, you know." Regardless of Elinor's answer, the young man continued down the trail toward where the reports indicated the battle took place. It was the best place to start.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 17:34:21 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Content with knowing that she had now made it clear that she would help Josh if he asked for it. She moved on.

And it didn’t take long before Josh gave her more things to question. “I can see how you drew that conclusion.” Elinor mused. While she certainly had doubts about it. If Josh believed it, then for now, that was more than enough for her.

And as they continued Josh posed a rather appropriate question. “He hasn’t had a lot of training in that regard, but he has had enough to be able to transport me around. However, he will definitely fall behind with me on his back if you try to race him.”

Mildly annoyed growls came from the Hisuian Typhlosion who reluctantly had to admit that it was right. Still, he had been edged on by his trainer's words and went down on all four and with mildly annoyed growls demanded that his trainer get up. He would prove her wrong.

Elinor chuckled and obliged her fiery-spirited Pokemon’s demand.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 21:04:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Typhlosion's displeasure was understandable; Josh just had a knack for training Pokémon for use as steeds. Not all Pokémon that were able were also willing. Swift was able, and was willing by virtue of being closer to a construct than a true Pokémon. A husk of the Beast with all the power of a real Raikou, held back by Josh's subconscious. For a Pokémon to serve as a mount, it must be both willing and able. Elinor's Pokémon was clearly able, but not truly willing. Amp, Josh's Toxtricity, was willing but not truly able. A Lucario would be somewhere in between. It was a matter of being both big enough and engineering gear that would work with it. That was a long ways off.

Embers sizzled against Josh's suit, a volley of them landing on its visor and blinding him momentarily. "So far, I haven't seen any sign of him. I was asking because we could cover more ground faster this way, but if your Pokémon can't, or isn't willing to carry you, then..." Josh scooted forward on Entei's back, making room for Elinor to take a seat on the legendary-like paradox if she wanted. "Entei can carry two people. Just hold on tight. He's as fast as his Johtonian counterpart."

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 8:41:17 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
As Josh scooted over making place for Elinor the Hisuian Typhlosion grew agitated, clearly feeling challenged by Josh's offer. Elinor wouldn’t even get the choice to accept Josh’s offer. As she was about to move toward Josh, she felt a stern but somewhat gentle nibble at her heat suit.

The growl from her Pokemon told her enough. “I appreciate the offer Josh, but I think Ty here wants to give it a try.”

And so she climbed aboard the Hisuian Typhlosions’ back. It steadied itself as best it could with its new weight. Then send a challenging glance toward the Entei.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 23:01:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Well, that sure was a surprise. Did he offend the ghost-type, who seemed to be stubborn about Josh offering a seat on Entei's back? It mattered not; as long as both trainers were riding fire-types, the crater's lowest points would be safe to traverse... well, as safe as they were going to get. Taking a more comfortable place on the Gouging Fire's back, he breathed a deep sigh as his Pokémon stepped onto the half-molten rock at the crater's floor. An ordinary person's body would have been reduced to cinders in the broiling heat. In Josh's mind, though, not Kyle's. Ho-oh was a fire-type legendary Pokémon. If it were anything like and his Patron, he expected the Emergent's body to have immunity to heat.

While they did not find Kyle's body, they did find several fire Pokémon crushed by Mount Chimney's magmatic forces. "Elinor... he's gotta be out here somewhere, right?" Josh said, holding out hope that his theory was true. As their search around the crater bottom continued, those hopes would come closer and closer to being snuffed out by the winds of reality.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 7:19:12 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Though protected from the Molten Lava, Elinor still felt the heat trying to eat at her suit, and boil her in it. Had her fire-type Pokemon not been carrying her she would definitely have lost her will to continue a long time ago, if not her life.

As they looked they found only the wild Pokemon victims. Tragic, but there was little they could do for them.

“I am certain he is.” Elinor knew that was what Josh wanted to hear. The truth would do him no good in this hour. Reality would settle in when the time was right, she was sure of that.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 8:48:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
and Josh had circled the bottom of the crater and come up empty-handed. and Josh had searched the area just above the burning air. and Josh had searched the rim. He burst into tears, letting out a wail when he realized Kyle was nowhere to be found. With the kind of earth-piercing power that Groudon's PRECIPICE BLADES struck with, it was looking more and more likely that Kyle was buried alive in the attack.

With no body, could the Great One even resurrect him?

"He's... really gode, isn'd he, Elidor...?" Josh managed, a stuffy nose making him difficult to understand. Without so much as a command from his trainer, Entei turned around and galloped up the trail leading out of the crater. Though he didn't say anything about it, it was clear what his intentions were.

To go home to Mauville and mourn.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 23:52:27 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven